When it comes to conserving water, some minor adjustments can have a large impact on both the environment and your utility bill. With World Plumbing Day(3/11), Fix a Leak Week(3/14-3/20), and World Water Day (3/22) all happening this month – let’s kick things off with some tried and true tips for saving water at home:
- Cut the tap while brushing: Doing so can save up to 4 gallons a minute – 200 gallons a week for a family of four! So instead, turn the faucet off after wetting your brush and keep it off until you’re ready to rinse.
- Find hidden leaks (and fix the obvious ones): Even a small drip from a faucet can waste gallons of water daily. If you have any obvious leaks – give us a call ASAP for repair. If you’re not sure if you have any, it’s time for some detective work. Read your water meter before and after a two hour period when no water is being used. If the reading changes – give us a call to find the mystery leak.
- Choose water efficient fixtures: Water saving low-flow shower heads, faucets, toilets, and other appliances are on the market. Upgrading to these WaterSense label products can add up to huge water savings all throughout your home.
- Only do full loads: When using your dishwasher or washing machine, make sure you don’t start a cycle unless it is completely full. Half-loads can add up to gallons of wasted water!
- Go to the car wash: With the warming weather, you may be tempted to wash your car on your own. But did you know going to an actual car wash facility can save a substantial amount of water? Most car washes actually recycle their water in the early rinses / detergent phases AND treat their waste-water before disposal – another win for the environment.
When it comes to your plumbing, you can rely on the experts at Four Seasons to make sure everything is running smoothly. For any leaks or questions on upgrading your plumbing fixtures – give us a call at 828-216-3894 or complete our online request form. We serve Hendersonville, Fairview, Arden, and surrounding areas with reliable service 24/7.