When it comes to DIY plumbing – we recommend you leave the major repairs to the professionals. But when it comes to more minor issues, clogged drain or leaky pipes, there are some things as a homeowner that you can do until you give us a call.
Be prepared for plumbing mishaps, make sure these tools are on standby:
- First and foremost, everyone needs a plunger. This indispensable tool is the first thing everyone grabs when dislodging clogs anywhere from sinks to tubs to toilets. Do make sure you choose the RIGHT plunger for the job. The cup/sink plunger is meant for drains due to their flat surface, where a flange/toilet plunger is specifically designed to fit in a toilet.
- Basin wrenches are called a sink wrench for a reason. They are perfect for when you are tightening or loosening those nuts and bolts that hold your faucet together. This wrench is necessary in helping your reach those hard-to-reach areas.
- Next up, tongue-and-groove pliers. They are typically used when you need to grab, tighten or loosen something. Not only used frequently when it comes to your plumbing – but around the home as well.
- An adjustable wrench comes in handy when working on compression fillings, supply lines, or anything with hex-shaped nuts. This wrench is helpful in screwing on or removing a shower head.
- Pipe wrenches are useful when it comes to loosening and tightening pipe connections. The serrated teeth on the wrench help in holding its grip. Do be careful not to damage a fixture’s finish – you may want to wrap the wrench’s jaws in a cloth.
Having the above plumbing tools on hand can help you address whatever minor issues may arise. For more information about these tools or other tools that come in handy, check out the full list on Popular Mechanics.
Remember, when it comes to serious plumbing problems – it’s best to seek the help of a professional. Contact the experts at Four Seasons Plumbing – the area’s go-to for plumbing, drain cleaning, and water heater repair. We serve Hendersonville, Fairview, Arden, and surrounding areas with reliable service 24/7. Give us a call at 828-216-3894 or complete our online request form.